Progress Update: Adding in the Engines

Hello everyone,

My progress thus far has focused on the stern still. Now that I’ve added in the engines and some more stuff to the bridge, I’m getting a much better idea of what the rest of the warship will look like. Here’s some pictures:

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 5.11.45 PMScreen Shot 2017-05-20 at 5.11.59 PMScreen Shot 2017-05-20 at 5.12.12 PMScreen Shot 2017-05-20 at 5.12.24 PM

Of course, there’s still quite a bit more detail to add, but the work is progressing, slowly and sincerely. I’m honestly a bit surprised I’ve made it this far with this project. The model has come quite a ways since I first began and was unsure of how it’ll be modeled. The next biggest challenge, once all the modeling is complete, is going to be UV unwrapping (just writing this here makes me want to groan) and texturing as well. What sort of material this model should use, I have no idea at the moment. It’s really tough to tell from images what would work best. That’s still a bit of a ways off, but it’s worth thinking about in any event.

As always, like, subscribe, and share.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s