Progress Update: More Geometry

So I’ve been really busy again with some other things in my life, but I’ve managed to model some more recently. Here’s my progress:

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 10.10.19 PMScreen Shot 2017-05-16 at 10.10.33 PMScreen Shot 2017-05-16 at 10.11.04 PMScreen Shot 2017-05-16 at 10.11.17 PMScreen Shot 2017-05-16 at 10.11.37 PM

Mainly my work has focused on modeling out the stern of the warship, including adding in details, and starting to figure out where certain parts of a warship would be placed, like vents, airlocks, thrusters, etc. I’ve started also modeling out the bridge, and other details for the bridge. What makes this particular model so great (and also tough to model) is the sheer amount of geometry on it. There’s a lot of forms, and a lot of them are heavily repeated.

The biggest issue I’ve encountered so far (other than trying to find time for my work) is that there isn’t really a unified reference to look from. There are a variety of different interpretations, and each one changes just enough to change the way I would approach my model. I’m solving some of this by not modeling the exact Emperor-class battleship, but rather modeling something similar to it, but still my own creation. Still, even capturing the spirit of the Emperor-class (or other Battlelfeet Gothic ships) has proven difficult given the conflicting nature of references. I’m hoping that once I get more details added in, I can a): have a more solid geometry and b): not worry about capturing the spirit of the reference art style.

As always, like, subscribe, and share.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s