Mostly I’ve been modeling the past few days, and I did do a tiny update to the Episode 0 teaser video (which I’ll post a link to later). As I wrote last time, I’m attempting to model a warship similar to the Emperor class battleship from Warhammer 40k.
The above is a snapshot from a favorite artist of mine, Erasmus Brosdau, who released a Warhammer 40k CG short called the Lord Inquisitor (it’s worth looking up if you haven’t seen it). So my progress so far:
I’m still working on modeling out the larger forms, and I’ve started on some detail work. Remember that I plan on making something very similar to an Emperor class battleship, and that while I do plan on referencing the source material a lot, this warship will ultimately be something a bit different from what the original creation is.
Mainly I’ve finished up the cannons and have duplicated them across. I’ve also added some details to the bow of the ship. I’m also starting to model in where the top side cannons will be placed. What I want to focus on next is the stern, the command module, and the engines. I need to add in the next level of detail there.
This project has been surprisingly slow moving mainly because I have to keep going back to source images and figure out what each individual detail piece is and how to fit it into my modeling. There are many different versions out there and each of them showcases different aspects. I try to stick with CG images as much as possible so that I can clearly see the detail.
As always, like, subscribe, and share!